Sunday 14 September 2014

Pastel Drawings

I tried attempting to draw a scary face using coloured pastels as shown here.

Using images of  animals I tried to create pastel drawings  of animals. Here I did a Panther using a black pastel and a white pastel. The white makes the eyes stands out more against the black.

Here I also created a pastel drawing of a Great White Shark.

I then attempted created other copies of images in a pastel drawing form. Here I drew a pastel version of a red eye and a set of teeth with gums.

Here I used watercolours to paint Billy Elliot the went over with a white pastel and a black pastel in order to add light, dark areas and detail.

Here I made a pastel drawing of the mask from The Phantom of The Opera.
I wanted to make a response to the films Rise and Dawn, the recent Planet  of The Apes films. Here I showed a kind looking cat merged together with his more serious older form to show the contrast between the change in their personalities as a pastel drawing. This is a reference to Caesar, the main Ape in the recent Planet of The Apes films who has a huge change of personality from the start compared to the end result of his experience with both the good and bad sides of Humans.

Here I attempted to draw a still life drawing of an apple using pastels. Using black charcoal and black pastel for shadow and white pastel for lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment